|Water and Sewage Main Code|
On June 1, 2015, The Environmental Management and Protection Act, 2010, and
The Waterworks and Sewage Works Regulations came into force.
This new legislation included two new Environmental Code Chapters that apply to drinking water
and wastewater systems in the province, the Water Main Chapter and the Sewage Main Chapter.
These code chapters outline the new approval process for the construction of water
mains and sewage mains in municipalities with a population greater than 5,000.
This webinar will go through the new code chapters and provide information on:
- Who the chapters apply to,
- What options there are for complying with the chapters,
- What information is required as part of an "Acceptable Solution",
- What information is required as part of an "Alternative Solution",
- Who is a "Qualified Person", and
- How the new notification process works.
Quick Fact: A single lawn sprinkler spraying 19 litres per minute uses 50% more water in just one hour than a combination of ten toilet flushes, two 5-minute showers, two dishwasher loads and a full load of clothes.